Thursday, September 23, 2010

what we're wearing vs. what they're wearing... 9.23.10

jackie vs. lauren conrad


Elie Tahari Jacket $268
Frenchi t-shirt $20
J. Brand Skinny jeans $158
Marc Jacobs black flats $195
Chanel bag (price unknown)
Lauren's total = $790



jackie's total = $64


Lauren Conrad is by far one of my favorite people to watch for up and coming styles and trends. She always pulls off the classy, effortless look so well. I thought it would be fun to take this look of hers and try to replicate it... I'd say I did a pretty good job. I was so excited last year when I found this vintage Dior jacket at Goodwill... that's one hell of a find if you ask me!! The rest of my outfit is stuff I've had forever but just reinvented into this look. It's so easy to do... and it's a fun way to give old clothes a new life. Maybe this will inspire you to do the same thing... happy hunting! ;-)

{amrie girl - jackie}



amy vs. gwen stefani



leopard leggings $320
Vena Cava T $85
Ash biker boots $265
Cosabella bra $46
Gwen's total = $844



Amy's total = $66


As most of you know, I am obsessed with Gwen Stefani and everything that she touches! When I was browsing the web looking for pics of her,  I came across this photo of her with Gavin on the street and I knew I just had to make it work for myself. The leggings were already part of my fall wardrobe, the boots I remembered I had stashed away in the basement from way back in my raver days (yes...the boots are coming back as part of the biker boot trend!), and the graphic tee...well, I knew a trip to Goodwill was instore for me! Sure enough, I found this tee on the rack in 30 seconds flat! A little snip with the scissors  and we were golden! We added a little (okay a lot) of black eyeliner and mascara a la Gwen and the staple red lipstick (trust me this was a hard one for me considering my flair for the glossy natural lip).  I am pretty pleased with the look. It definitely channels Gwen and I still feel completely and totally like myself! :-)

{amrie girl - amy}


No comments:

Post a Comment