Monday, September 20, 2010

what we're wearing vs. what they're wearing... 9.20.10

amy vs. selena gomez
 
 
   Selena Gomez
Dress - Couture, price unknown
    Necklace - Adele Marie $78
    Tights - Wolford $48
    Shoes - Topshop $75
Selena's total = $201 (without dress)

Amy's total = $48


Okay so, it was a week before New Year's Eve and I had nothing to wear to Jackie's New Year's Eve party. I wanted to wear something fun and fresh with a lot of me thrown in. Jackie and I were brainstorming ideas when a Selena Gomez video came on the Disney Channel and there it was...my perfect outfit!! I fell in love and immediately got to work on finding the perfect items to make it work. A super cute little dress (from the Miley Cryus line at Walmart) paired with some stand-out tights and we were half way there. Add a little bling by putting not one but two pearl necklaces that I happened to find at Walmart as well...and we were good to go! Love, love, love! I got so many compliments on my fabulous outfit...and it was ALL under $50!
{amrie girl - amy}

 jackie vs. billabong


 Billabong girl
Jacket - $80
Necklace - unknown
Tank - $34
Floral denim - $48
Billabong total =  $162 (without necklace)
Jackie's total = $41 

I saw this ad this weekend when I was flipping through Nylon. I loved it. I then remembered that I had floral leggings that looked almost IDENTICAL to the denim worn in the ad...however, I got mine for a fraction of the cost a while ago at JC Penney. I love them, they just aren't the easiest thing to wear. After further looking at my outfit I kind of wished I'd have worn my denim jacket and a different graphic tank instead... but it was a little bit of a grab and go morning for me... So this is what I ended up with. It works, just not as perfectly as I had imagined in my head...

My boots are a vintage find... I die for adorable vintage boots. They're my favorite things. 

AND don't you LOVEEE my necklace??? It's a new Amrie Boutique creation... I'm a bit in love with it. It also looks super cute with a flower attached to it or worn as a bracelet. This necklace (and other versions of it) will be up on Etsy and our facebook page soon!
{amrie girl - jackie}

No comments:

Post a Comment