Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What we're wearing... 9.29.10

Let's talk about my shoes first. I LOVE them. And by love them, I mean I'm obsessed with them. My wonderful Momma bought these beauties for me and I would seriously wear them every single day if I could. Every girl needs a great pair of black heels or wedges... well, these are mine.

Onto the rest of the outfit... you can't really tell in the picture but my shirt is a light purple and white stripe and I love it with this skirt. I'm big on mixing patterns, the key to getting it right is to stay within the same color family and make sure they aren't competing patterns. You don't want to wear three different patterns with two of them being large floral prints, they will overwhelm the outfit and it will just be a disaster. I stuck with a bright poppy floral for the skirt (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE because I got it uber cheap at Kohls and it fits PERFECTLY!!) and then a more muted, understated stripe for the shirt... they match but aren't too matchy/matchy... I HATE that! It's just not me.  :-)

Take a risk, dolls... try wearing two different patterns... it's fun and you'll feel like a true fashionista, I promise! ;-) (take pictures when you do and send them to us!!)

{amrie girl - jackie}



This outfit was framed around this fun little dress that I got on our girls weekend to Put in Bay over the summer. We ran into a little surf shop to get out of the rain (who dared to let it rain on our girls weekend anyway?) So of course, I had to hit up the clearance rack. This adorable dress was just my size and 75%...SCORE!!!! One problem though, there was a little rip in one of the straps (likely from someone attempting to try on a much too small dress). Knowing that the little rip would be an easy fix, I quickly snatched it up!

So...for today's outfit, I needed a little more warmth for the brisk morning air so I added this pink sheer striped shirt from the Miley Cyrus line at Walmart (also on clearance!), some over the knee gray socks, and my slouchy boots and I was good. Throw on a scarf (from this adorable little boutique in ye ol' Pickerington) and we are good to head out for a day of shooting!

{amrie girl - amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment