Friday, November 12, 2010

what we're wearing vs. what they're wearing... 11.12.10

This was one of those looks that I just LOVE on the models but I'm still not sold on whether I like it on my body type. I have been wanting to try the shorts with tights look for a year or so now, but I am just now getting around to actually putting something together. I pulled from these two looks because well...I liked aspects of both of them but neither of them completely. Namely...I don't really do jackets! I always feel very confined in them...due mainly to the fact that the girls are quite large and so are my shoulders!




Vest outfit is from Ruche
Vest - no longer available
Blouse - $46.99
Tights -  $9.99
Leg Warmers - $9.99
Boots - $159.99

outfit total: $229.96
( the other picture was from refinery29 but a similar jacket and blouse were found at Ruche)


white ruffled tank - Marshall's $10
cropped vest - Forever 21 $15
denim shorts - thrifted $2
textured tights - Target $5
biker boots - Target $30

TOTAL: $62.00


So, my thoughts on my version? I like the concept but I just didn't feel comfortable in it. The vest was the biggest issue for me because it was just a bit too tight and made me feel like the fat rolls were hanging out! (Jackie assured me that they weren't and that it looked good...but I see different things in my head!) Looking at it now, I really would have rather had darker jean shorts than these but given that they were $2...I couldn't say no! 

I think this outfit works well-ish and would be good for a girls' night out or a concert with a sweater or light jacket over top? Still not exactly what I was going for but there is a big difference between a size zero (yeah, that's NOT a size, BTW!) and a size 12! I did what I could with my curves! ;-)

Get this look:


Ruffle Blouse
$25.00

Menswear Vest
$29.50

Black Boots
$34.80

Denim Shorts
$10.98

{amrie girl - amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment