Wednesday, November 3, 2010

what we're wearing vs. what they're wearing... 11.3.10

I came across this photo on Refinery29.com the other day and immediately knew I had to re-create it for myself! So cute and casual yet girly at the same time!




Green Jacket - Current/Elliot $368
Lace Dress - Free People $108
Gold Necklace - Elizabeth & James $175
Black Tights - Falke $39
Black Boots - Sam Edelman $195

Her Total:  $885 (this is estimated)


Men's workshirt - Hollister $40
Lace Dress - thrifted $3
Black Tights - Target $5
Black Boots - Target $30

Amy's Total: $78

I already had a bunch of the stuff in my closet (including stealing my hubby's Hollister military inspired workshirt...SSSHHHH!) so all I really needed to find was the lace dress. During one of my many weekly thirfting trips, I saw this long ivory lace skirt and knew that it would work perfectly as a dress for this look. All I needed to add was a ribbon for a belt (due to the fact that the girls are huge which makes me look huge without a belt over this shapeless dress), tights, and boots and we were good to go. I wish I had some lace-up granny boots like the ones that she is wearing in her version but I can't seem to find any that I like so far in my searching. Sucks wearing a size 11 shoe, sometimes! All in all... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit!!

Get this look:

Lace Dress
$27.80

Green Jacket
$31.70

Black Boots
$36.99

{amrie girl - amy}




 

1 comment: