Thursday, October 21, 2010

what we're wearing... 10.21.10


Okay, if you have been paying attention to our blog (and my various hair changes), you will notice that this photo was clearly not taken today, but it was a cute outfit and I just don't have the energy today to take one of myself so this one is going to have to work.

This outfit centered around these super cute textured cream sweater leggings that I got on sale at Meijer. I was a little concerned about wearing white on my legs (you know that whole idea that white makes things appear larger!) but I knew that I would find a way to make it work...and I believe I did! So ladies, here is how you do it. If you notice, the white of the leggings is really only showing in the middle of my legs...the top is covered by my long shirt and sweater, while the bottom half is covered by my boots. This allows only a small window of the white to show through and helps to make my legs appear slimmer (although admittedly my legs are actually one of my good parts!).

One caution for you...I have LOOOONG legs and am 5' 10" so I can get away with breaking up my legs in three spots. If you are shorter or have shorter legs, you may want to think twice as this can appear to make them look shorter. So the point to this long-winded diatribe is that you CAN wear white leggings (or jeans or tights or pants)...you just need to know how to cover your larger areas and flaunt your slimmer areas. :-)

{amrie girl - amy}





I was REALLY happy with my romper purchase. (In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die!") I recently got it at Kohl's. I looked at them all summer but couldn't commit because I didn't know if I'd actually wear it. However, for $3, I couldn't really go wrong... and with it being black, the romper can easily translate into my fall wardrobe. I threw on some cute printed tights, a cardigan, and boots and voila! perfect fall outfit. It was really comfy too...

This outfit is just a good example of how to take your summer clothes into fall by throwing on a few staples that most of us already have in our closet! Here's my challenge to you... take your favorite summer item from your closet and transform it to fall. Email a picture to us. You never know, your efforts may land you a spot right here on our blog... How FUN would that be?!?!

{amrie girl - jackie}

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how you took your summer romper and made it cute and wearable for fall! So smart! :)

    ReplyDelete