Wednesday, October 13, 2010

tights... love them or hate them???

There's a chill in the air, flip flops are slowly starting to go into hibernation, stores are packed full of fall and winter clothes... and the thing that is seen EVERYWHERE is tights... Do you dare?? For a long time I was very skeptical of them. A little scared and intimidated to be honest. I mean, I'm into fashion but in the beginning... they just felt very... I don't know, like I was trying to be 5 years old all over again. Uh, no thank you!!


However, the trend has been building for a while... they are evolving and as far as I'm concerned now, tights are the PERFECT accessory for fall and winter. They can enhance ANY outfit. A skirt or dress that you wore in the summer can easily come out and play in the fall... all it needs is a good cardigan or jacket and tights and you have updated your summer wardrobe... and it cost you next to nothing. If you are curious but still a bit apprehensive about this trend (as I was) I suggest trying Target or Walmart. Both stores have some adorable tights and they are very affordable. 


I have searched the online shopping world and have found a few I am dying to try out... 


footless lace tights in black
$32.99



mini floral print tights in taupe
$6.80


snow bunny tights
$34.99 (i know, a bit expensive for tights... but they're so stinkin' cute!!!)


I think I'm seriously in love with these, throw on a cozy sweater dress and some slouchy boots... perfect fall outfit... and so comfy too! 


Those are just a few of 'must have' tights that I have found online. And yes, there are always the staple black opaque tights... but everyone owns a pair of those. Branch out, try just one pair of lacy, argyle, striped, colored, or printed tights... it will spice up your closet, its practically effortless, and you will feel fabulous just knowing you tried something new! Promise. ;-) 

What do YOU think? Will YOU try them?

{amrie girl - jackie}





2 comments: